Become Part of the AIC Initiative!
Intern with us and take a free class!
The American Islamic College is offering new & exciting internship positions and volunteer assistantship opportunities. By interning or volunteering at AIC, you are supporting its vision and helping AIC fulfill its commitments to Chicago’s diverse communities.
* Gain experiences * Cultivate leadership skills * Learn about the workings of non-profit organizations and colleges * Meet inspiring people * Build a community *
AIC is offering positions in the following categories:
-AIC Lecture Series
All internships are unpaid. Interns must commit to 12 hours a week. Students may receive class credit for this position. Applicants for internships and assistantships must send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
American Islamic College
An intern’s duties will vary from to day to day based on priorities of the office. Interns will be assigned specific duties depending on their level of experience. Candidates must be familiar and comfortable with computers, exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills, and be detail oriented.
- Provide front-line reception; answering/screening phone calls, and greeting visitors
- Opening and distributing mail
- Running office errands- Collectives, Hastings, FedEx
- Internet research- issue specific, prospects, grantee specific
- Maintaining office supply/letterhead inventory
- Photo copying, collating written materials
- Event coordination
- Database entry; Update AIC database
- Office equipment: Phone Systems, copier, printer, fax, stamp machine
- Computer Skills: Typing, Excel, Email
- Hard Copy Filing
- Mailing Supplies/Storage
- Where/how to direct grantees and guideline requests
- Communications & Journalistic skills